Local time at Horbat Omrit, Israel

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 29 - Saturday

This will be my last post since sometime after midnight tonight our 2 van caravan will head off to the airport an hour away and this excellent adventure will come to an end. Though it will certainly be a good thing to return to 'Merica and home.

I've taken the day off because the group is off to Masada and the Dead Sea and I've been there, done that. It's about 10:30am, I'm sitting in the hotel's breakfast area, drinking coffee and decompressing. It's also the only area to pick up wi-fi. Not a bad way to spend the day, especially with the nap I plan to take this afternoon.

The hotel is on the Mount of Olives and has a great view. Here's a closeup of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre that I took early this morning from the hotel steps. The "site" of Jesus' burial was "discovered" by Constantine's mother in the 4th century CE. Who knows? She may have gotten it right...



P.S. If you increase the zoom level level of your browser the pictures get bigger too!

No comments: